Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

What a year....and the memories, oh the memories.

I am not a huge fan of horoscopes, but yesterday mine caught me off guard:

You experienced radical change in 2011.  It may have been in many areas of your life.  Yet you survived.  You worked very hard to get where you are, and while your life may not hold everything you want, you can expect the coming year to offer you so much more.  Don't allow yourself to feel like you failed in any way, because you didn't.  You adapted.   You did what you had to do.  And now you're looking at a future that's brighter and more secure.  Learn from the past, but don't bring it with you.  There's a new world waiting for you, and you can have what you want in 2012 if you keep believing.


How absolute true is that, almost too true and yet calming at the same time.  365 days ago, RL and SL felt like it was a very dark place.  Somehow I felt a little optimistic all at the same time.  I believe it had to get better at some point. I remember sitting and just thinking back while also looking forward, not sure how I was going to do it.  I was ending my RL relationship.  I was moving home.  I was swallowing my pride.  Then there was second life....everything was dark, friends were no longer friends, it was empty.  

I kept hoping though.  I kept working hard.  I put a new focus on every aspect of my life and with that came a new direction.  I'm proud of myself for holding my head high and finding my path again.  

A new path with a new direction.  


So here is to 2011....

Here is the friendships that continue to rebuild.  The friends that always have been there.  The friends that have never given me a reason to doubt them.  The friends that know how to make me laugh, that know how to lend a shoulder and know how to get me in trouble.  The friends that I have hurt and yet we find a means to forgive and move forward.  The friends that I will meet along the way.

Here is the people that have felt the need to hurt me in anyway....the backstabbing, the hating, the lies.  I hope you find a peace and comfort within your being that allows you the opportunity to forgive yourself for needing to do these things.  I am sorry that I can't be more hateful but you don't deserve my anger at this moment....and you surely don't deserve the attention.

Here is to the memories, both good and bad.  Nothing beats the drunken Skype calls, the interesting sims, running around in crazy jammies, riding in bagel mobiles, playing greedy, setting people on fire, standing and just talking.  It's those memories that make the bad ones not stay in my memory for long.  

Here is to love.  I figured out how to do it again.  How to let someone close, how to let someone near me, how to realize that relationships weren't so scary.  I can't wait to figure out our journey, to make our memories and to continue to find new reasons to fall in love.

Here is to 2011....you were hard, you were trying, you were exciting, you brought about change, peace and hope.  I'm glad though that this chapter is over.

Here is to the journey...2012 is not going to be perfect.  It is going to have moments of hurt and pain but even with those moments there is going to be beauty.  There is going to be the opportunity for forgiveness, for growth and for laughter.  


Get the Look:

Dress: Blacklace : Little Black Dress (TOSL Item)
Piercing: Pekka : Fidelity
Piercing: Pekka : Maniac Ear Piercing V1
Tattoo: Pekka : Shit Happens
Makeup: Plastik : Ataciara Makeup-Dark
Eyes: Plastik : VaeColl. Starlight (from the Glimmer FLF Item)
Hair: Exile : Cady Roots-Wedge
Skin: Belleza : Elle Med 9
Pose: Juxtapose :  Goodbye 2011- 3 and 5 (TOSL Item)


Happy New Years!!!

May you all have a magical 2012.

Love,

EmJay 

No comments:

Post a Comment