Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Perfect Gift

So sometimes I really struggle with what to say in my blogs, what are those perfect words that are the right blend of information and then sass. I don't know how often I really succeed and then how many times that I just honestly fail. I'm probably the worst critic of myself....but aren't we always our worst critics. I was searching, longing for something and then tonight happened.

The perfect gift, oddly enough what the tattoo Ema is wearing, just kept staring back at me all night while I thought and it never struck me until right now.

It's almost Christmas and we are all in search of that "Perfect Gift" for the ones we love. We spend hours thinking, hours shopping, hours in frustation and disappointment when we can't come up with anything. I am the first to admit that I do this too. Maybe we just over think it.

Tonight, though, reminded me of what exactly the perfect gift can be....the sharing of love, the conversation between two people, and comfort of knowing you aren't alone in this big world. I spent the evening on my land, snuggled up with the one I love and although our conversation, like always, was all over the place, it was exactly the perfect gift. It melts me, it calms me, it brings me happiness that I always thought wasn't for me. It does for me what no material gift.... shiny, electronic or sparkly could do. I'm glad that it does and I'm glad that my perfect gift this Christmas season is the love I share with him, the love of my friends and the joy of just being me.

What's your perfect gift?


Get the Look:
Shrug: Riddle : Simple Shrug-Black
Bra: Apple May Designs : Tess-Holiday *bowed*
Jeans: Admiral Spicy : Dark Low Blue Fray Jeans
Scarf: Gawk! : Linen Shawl-Black
Handwarmers: Pepper : Armwarmer *New*
Shoes: Pixel Mode : Baby T's-Plain-Blood
Tattoo: Apple May Designs : Perfect Gift (from Tess Holiday Outfit)
Makeup: Plastik : Ataciara Makeup-Dark
Eyes: A&M : Winter Eyes-Glaciar
Hair: Shag : Bombshell-Raven
Skin: Belleza : Elle BR Med-14
Pose: aDORKable : 25 Days of Pose- Day 3 and 5


No comments:

Post a Comment