Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here comes the bride

A year ago tonight, I did something in Second Life that I thought I would never, EVER, in a million years do...I got married. It was something that was unexpected but nonetheless it was by far the most amazing thing I've done in SL. I know there are the critics that don't get the whole wedding thing and I respect them as much as I respect the people that are happy to have partners. A year later, I know without a doubt, that this was the best choice ever.

So this got me thinking tonight, I realized something. Since I have started blogging, I always leave something out. Maybe it is on purpose and maybe it isn't, honestly I'm not sure. I just know I have my reason for always omitting it. It's my wedding ring. I took a closer picture of it tonight so that can kinda see the shiny wonder that is around my lil finger. It was picked out all by Tyrone, with only one hint/request by myself....it had to be silver, I'm not a fan of gold. The ring is from JCNY and is the Nations Princess Combo Ring(It came with the engagement ring, the combo ring and the wedding band).






I'll try and make this part not so sappy and sweet but I'm sure I'll fail. I, very unexpectedly, met Tyrone when I wasn't looking for a relationship. I'm not going into details of what all was happening in my SL for various reasons. There is a HUGE part of me though that is for ever amazed that we met the way we did, that we have held on through some rough SL waters and that today more than ever, I am happy that I said "I do" in that perfect little church. His famous words one afternoon when we were chatting were simply, "You know Em Jay, you aren't the marrying type." He was probably right...well in fact, I know he was. I'm just glad he has never given up on me and here we are....still tangled up in each other over one year of meeting each other and one year to the date of being married.






This isn't the dress I wore the night I got married. This is the dress that I found one afternoon shopping around and it just jumped out at me as the perfect dress. My wedding dress was very, very simple from Earth and Sky. I thought I wanted the big poofy wedding dress and I ever have three or five, well maybe ten, in my inventory because I couldn't decide. I didn't want flashy, I wanted simple....because after all, I'm just Em. Simple Em.

This dress is one that I hope to wear soon, when I say "I do" to Tyrone again. A year later...better and stronger.




Get the Look:
Dress: Indyra Originals : Demeter-Platinum
Earrings: LacieCakes : Floating Diamond Drop Earrings
Flower in Hair: [Y.M.X.] : Hibiscus Hair Clip, Pack B-White
Hair: Truth : Melinda-Java
Eyes: Poetic Colors : Purple Morning-Large
Skin: LAQ : Elena [Nougat]-02
Pose: Glitterati : Model Pack 4-034



Here is to an wonderful adventure of year one. I can't wait for year two, three and maybe even like seven, ten and twenty (who knows really). It's going to be done like only we can do it. I love you, Tyrone. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Love,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment