Monday, August 26, 2013

Sometimes in the middle of ordinary life...

loves gives us a fairytale.


This was always one of my favorite little sayings.  I would "aww" when I would hear it, wish that it would maybe happen to me someday, but really never believed that it could.  Yesterday simply added proof that I finally have been granted my fairytale.

For the first time in five years, (yes, it was five years on July 2nd!!), I have felt like I have found my place.  I have found an extraordinary slice of SL heaven.  I finally feel like I belong in a way that I have always longed for, but never thought was ever possible.  It's been an ongoing journey since the beginning of March, with lots of serious tweaking, but within the last month and half....it all started to really fall into place.  I made some very important choices and did serious soul searching where I wanted my path in SL to take me.  I was tired of where it was heading and the feeling I got every time I signed in was starting to leave me very disappointed. I deleted the negative people that found a way to always bring me down.  I'm not half in...I'm all in for the first time ever.  I'm not ashamed of anything that I am either.  I don't think for a minute that I'm better for doing this, I simply did this for me...the rest that has happened has been amazing blessings.

I am proud of who I am...so here it goes--

I am a vampire.  I choose to become active in a vampire clan, nah it's more than a clan, it is my family.  I found an amazing, crazy family that never runs out of wacky things to do.  We have our serious side, we stick by each other, we don't always get along but that is okay.  I absolutely love the random dance parties, the greedy games, the chats, the field trips, fishing afternoons, the club events, and the people that I get to hang out with every day.  I love knowing that I'm gonna get picked on.  I like knowing that a bus might get thrown at me.  I love knowing that if I need something, there are a lot people willing to help out and I'd do the same for them.

I am a friend.  My friends seriously amaze me.  The ones that stick by me through thick and thin and always have my back...those are the true friends.  I have had people come and go for lots of reasons.  I'm glad for the ones that have held on or found a way back in.  I have a small group that I hold very, very close to me and they know who they are.  I know that I haven't always been the best of a friend.  I'm working on that though.  I am learning how to let people in.

I am a momma.  I never, ever dreamt that I was going to be apart of a SL family, let alone have someone ever call me a momma or some variation.  That has all changed though.  I was honored when a certain someone asked me if I would be her Momma.  Of course I said yes.  It is all new, but I'm getting the hang of it, I think.  She makes it incredibly easy and I'm proud to be her momma.

I am a partner, a love, a best friend, a companion..etc.  I don't think one title does it justice so I had to go with a few.  He started as the friend that would give me the truth, listen to me vent and let me be crazy. We helped each other through things.  There was a moment when I realized how important he had become.  Then, I realized that I loved him.  I was in denial.  He was in denial.  Lucky for us both, we finally figured it out.  We did it right though. From the first night he asked me out that was our first dance forward, I have always felt so incredibly loved.  He is the call that I wait for in the morning and the last person I think about before I fall asleep.  It's the dancing, the laughing, the talking, the smiling, the loving, the supporting, the teaching, the learning, the giving...it is all these reasons that make me realize just how incredible it is to have someone to share in this journey with.

I am me.  All of the reasons before are so very, very important to me, but I believe completely what I am and who I am. I am the reason I am happy.  I made the changes for me.  I took the chance that what I wanted could really become a reality.  I believed in the change, the possibilities.  Yes, I had the support of friends and people that I love telling me that I could do it, but I had to put myself out there and take a chance.  I'm so very glad I did.

So on with my look...


Get the Look:

Dress: Apple May : Neveah Gown-Black
Mask: #187# : Dentelle Mask-Black
Necklace: Mandala : Yakushi-Black
Earrings: Mandala : Yakushi-Black
Bracelet: Mandala : Polly-Black and Silver
Piercing: Pekka : Fidelity
Tattoo: Little Pricks : She Will Be Loved
Hair: Truth : Qopi-Black 05
Eyes: IKON : Lucid Eyes-Summit
Eyeliner: Pekka : Metalic Under Eyeliner-Black
Eyeliner: (Elate!) : Double Cateye Eyeliner
Eyelashes:   MIAMAI : Protagoniste Basic
Nails: MIAMAI : Lacquer Sublime Nails-Rouge 
Skin: Belleza : Lily V1 Med-18
Lipstick: Pink Fuel : Elly Comestics Vamp
Pose: Poses were from Exposeur and  Glitterati. (I was using a bunch and didn't write down which ones that I was using when I was snapping pics...sorry.)


**The pics were taken after a Gothic Masquerade Ball yesterday for my clan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment