Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wear Purple Day

Wearing Purple today can signify two different causes...honoring LGBT youngsters "who have committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes and schools" or Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

Both are two very important causes in my real life.

My younger brother is gay and in witnessing the discrimination that he faces daily, I personally support the awareness and this cause. By wearing purple today, it is just a stand to end the bully and discrimination against LGBT.

October is also Domestic Violence Awareness. Domestic Violence can happen to anyone, male or female, regardless of who you are. I found myself in two domestically abusive relationships, both of which I was able to leave. I usually don't share this so openly but in the spirit of raising awareness, I have decided it is important.

Today, I proudly wear purple in both RL and SL.



Get the Look:

Hoodie: Wrong- Purple Hoodie
T-shirt: Tres Blah : Sheer Layered Tee
Jeans: TART : Low Rise-Black
Hair: Truth : Nadine2-Chocolate
Eyes: Poetic Colors : Last Light-Medium
Skin: LAQ : Elena [Nougat]-02
Pose: {.:exposeur:.} : Sittin' Pretty 8





No comments:

Post a Comment